We don’t know about you but the longer days and the first rays of the sun are reminding us of the approching summer vacations and make us want to go sunbathing on the Italian coast. Well, we can’t bring forward the vacations but we can bring back a little bit of the Mediterranean in your plate with this mussels rigatoni pasta to die for!
250 g of Rigatoni (RUMMO n°195)
400 g of mussels
300 g of cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp of tomato paste
2 large cloves of garlic
Fresh Italian parsley
2 small bunches of oregano
1. Beforehand, wash the mussels well and throw away those that are already open or broken.
2. Slice the garlic
3. Pour a good drizzle of olive oil in a hot pan and add the sliced garlic
4. Add a good tablespoon of concentrated tomato and mix it all together
5. Pour in the tomatoes and let it simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, boil salted water and add the rigatoni for 12 minutes
7. Mash the tomatoes with a wooden spoon to form a homogeneous sauce and add a good pinch of salt and two sprigs of oregano. Let it simmer for a few minutes.
8. Once the sauce is ready, add the mussels and put the lid on the pan. Keep steaming until all mussels are open.
9. Add the rigatoni to the sauce and sprinkle with a good handful of fresh parsley
10. It’s ready, Buon Appetito!