Fregola Con Arselle is an originally Sardinian dish. The Arselle clam originates from Sardinia, but if you are not near the island you can also use fresh vongoles for this dish.
Fregola is a pasta shape from Sardinia which is handmade using only semolina flour and water. It is then toasted in a wood-fire oven. It looks quite a bit like pearl couscous. To mix this dish up, add tomatoes or tomato saus and serve with flatbread.
- 500g of clams
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- ½ glass of dry white wine
- 250g of fregula
- 1 good drizzle of olive oil
- 800 ml of vegetable broth
Preparing Fregola Con Arselle
1. Before starting, wash the clams
2. In a saucepan, pour a good drizzle of olive oil and add a whole clove of garlic finely chopped
3. Add the clams and the wine and cover until the shells open
4. Turn off the heat and set aside
5. In another pot, boil the vegetable stock and add the fregula, let’s cook for about 20 minutes
6. At the end of cooking, add the clams and sprinkle with a good pinch of parsley
7. Enjoy !