It looks magical, dreamy and it tastes so simple yet so full. Spaghetti Alle Vongole is the recipe for the end of summer. The pasta makes it a bit heavier but the light shells combined with freshly chopped parsley and the Garlic aroma make it a good summer dish.
Pair the Spaghetti Alle Vongole with a crisp white wine like Vermentino or Pinot Grigio. Or go for a very dry rose. Preferably from one of these vineyards which all produce marvellous rose’s . Check out more tips on this pairing site.
Ingredients for the Spaghetti Alle Vongole:
- 600g of spaghetti (RUMMO n°5)
- 600g of clams
- 1 large clove of garlic
- A bunch of parsley
- A good drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Before starting, wash the clams and finely chop the parsley.
2. Finely chop the garlic.
3. In a hot frying pan, pour a good drizzle of olive oil and add the chopped garlic
4. Pour the clams into the pan and wait for them to open
5. In a saucepan, boil water and add the spaghetti and cook for 12 minutes
6. Once the spaghetti is cooked, pour it into the pan with the clams and add a handful of parsley
7. It’s done! Buon appetito!