Another day, another cool recipe! Today I’m going to present you a dish that we cook a lot for family meetings here in France, our famous roasted chicken with fried potatoes. Each family has its own recipe but today let me introduce you to mine! I hope you’re ready because it’s going to be a bit of work, but it’s worth it, believe me!
An organic farm chicken
1kg of organic potatoes
200 ml of Olive oil
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of paprika
1 pinch of salt
10 cloves of garlic
300 g of Kalamata olive
Herbs from Provence
Preparing the chicken:
- First, wash your chicken very well and prepare 4 « garnished bouquet » with thyme, bay leaves and rosemary
- In a bowl, pour the olive oil and add the paprika, cumin, salt, pepper and mix it all together to get a homogeneous result
- Then, cut a clove of garlic and insert 4 cloves of garlic in the chicken and one or two « garnished bouquet »
- Close the chicken tightly with plastic wrap and brush generously with the olive oil sauce
- Place the chicken in a « cocotte » with a base of water and add the olives, a few cloves of garlic and two « garnished bouquet », then, let stand for about 5 hours so that the chicken can marinate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and let it cook for 1 hour with the lid of the « cocotte », then increase the heat to 210 degrees for another 30 minutes without the lid
- It’s done!
Preparing the potatoes
- Put the potatoes on a baking sheet and add a few cloves of garlic, a few sprigs of rosemary and a good drizzle of olive oil, a good pinch of salt and some « herbes de Provence »
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and let it cook for 30-45 minutes straight according to your taste
NB: You can accompany it with a salad to bring a little freshness especially at this time with the strong heat.